Saturday, July 30, 2016

JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN

Hello again. I am back in India. Japan was amazing. It has been my favorite place amongst all the countries I have visited. It was a dream come true to be able to go there for 10 days. The old Japanese shrines and temples are so detailed and the architecture is so unique. The culture there is so different than anything I have witnessed before and to be able to live that is beyond my comprehension. 

Whilst in Japan, the amount of art I emcountered was ridiculous. Anime and Manga are HUGE
there and since I love both, seeing all the posters and billboards for new shows was so cool. I even went to the International Manga Museum in Kyoto. I learned so much about the history of Manga and even saw some books on how to draw in the Anime style. In the museum the walls were filled with drawings of a woman in a kinomo, but they were all drawn by different artists so this one subject looked so different with each person's style. This really motivated me to draw more and develop a style for myself.

I spent the majority of my time in Tokyo and it would take a bunch of blog posts to cover it all. Basically, it's a 24 hour city and the fun never stops. The city is really different since Old Japan and Modern Japan live together in the same place. The Imperial Palace is in the middle of skyscrapers, and the juxtaposition of these two worlds was really cool to see. It was all just SO AMAZING! I can't even begin to say how cool it is. I'm moving there. To make sure I never forget Japan, I bought so many things. But then since I bought so much, we had to buy a new suitcase for it all. 

I am very excited to come back home though. Living out of a suitcase for nearly two months is exhausting. I've been travelling so much and right now I just need my bed. Also reliable wifi. I finally have more time to concentrate on art and drawing, so yay for that! Hopefully after I get back I can download all my pictures from my phone and camera to Flickr so you guys can see them all! 

Anyways, I kind of need to eat breakfast so I'll see you soon. Bye! 

No comments:

Post a Comment