Monday, August 29, 2016

Mediocre Artwork


So the picture to the right is the beginning of my portfolio as I said in my last blog post. The next piece I am working on is on hold at the moment since the character I want to paint is not in full formation. I'm still having trouble with creating a good character. I tried to work with pastel colors along with prominent ones, so they contrast but also it's pleasing to look at. All three are all quite simple which was my aim. I don't want too much going on, as I've said many times the aesthetic was really important to me. The character painting though is my favorite because that is my whole focus on the portfolio. (The lighting is kind of bad, so the blues look darker than they should, so sorry about that).

This picture is just a little doodle I drew a while back. I really love the sharp edges and the emotion that comes from the inking and the features of the face. This style is different from my own, but I would love to make larger pieces along the lines of this doodle. Who knows, maybe this is a thumbnail for a future project!

No comments:

Post a Comment