Monday, June 20, 2016

The Birth of a (Slightly Underwhelming) Sketchbook

So, it's been almost two weeks since school has been out. Since then I've been on the Internet and well that's about it. I've been more active on Tumblr which is nice and I finished Attack on Titan (yet again). I was retweeted by one of my favorite people in the world - Hazel Hayes and yeah. I was also blessed with a new selfie by Dan Howell, which was nice (to say the least).

In all seriousness, I did manage to buy myself a new sketchbook and I've dabbled in it a bit. My primary goal for this year is to find my style in art. I really love comics and how the characters are drawn, so that has been a major influence. Also, games like Undertale have influenced some of these characters that I have drawn, and if you play the game it's quite easy to tell. I don't really know what I'm doing yet, but hopefully if I just keep drawing, I will be able to find who I am as an artist. Here's what I've been up to thus far. (I did try to experiment with watercolors, and may I say that I don't like watercolors - at all - but I decided to give it a go again, and well it turned out to be a flop).

                                              
















                       








And that's been my sketchbook tour. Thanks for watching - or reading actually - and don't forget to like, comment, and subscribe.

Sorry, I watch too much YouTube. Thanks a lot Dan and Phil.

1 comment:

  1. Kavitha...don't give up on watercolors yet. They can be a cartoonist's friend. Consider drawing in permanent ink first (black outline) and then using water color as the wash of color. Also think about watercolors and the basic premise that the paint will only go where the paper is wet....seems simple and practicle, but if the fibers of the paper are at all wet you will get bleed from the paint. Watercolors are best done in layers of color building up the surface. Glad you're doing what you like! Target has a new section of art supplies including Prismacolor pencils and markers. You might like those for drawing!

    ReplyDelete